Job and Internship Opportunities
All Available Positions
The Boch Center is currently seeking applications for the position of Database Administrator. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Database Administrator is an experienced development services professional who is primarily responsible for the operation, configuration, and maintenance of the Center’s Raiser’s Edge database and associated computer systems, including Luminate Online. Duties include all data entry, constituent segmenting, tracking, and reporting.
This position requires a mastery of Raiser’s Edge; a high level of professionalism, collegiality, self-motivation, organization, and familiarity with the goals and objectives of the Boch Center. This role also requires strong experience working in a team, as the Database Administrator will collaborate not only with members of the Development Office, but also with colleagues in Finance, Marketing, Education, and Theatre Services to ensure accurate and timely data entry, reporting and database updates, and appropriate interfacing with the organization’s systems.
This opportunity is ideal for candidates who are eager to immerse themselves in a hands-on fundraising operation, work in a collaborative environment with other professionals, and help advance the organization. Considered one of the most innovative performing arts institutions in the country, the Boch Center provides a stimulating and goal-oriented work environment that encourages innovation, leadership, and collaboration.
Raiser’s Edge Administration:
- All data entry, including bi-weekly importing of ticket buyers.
- Provide Raiser’s Edge training opportunities for staff, as needed.
- Identify, implement, and oversee data clean-up projects, as needed.
- Make necessary data edits and duplicate resolution in order to maintain data integrity of the database.
Queries and Reporting:
- Assist staff with writing of queries, reports and exports, as needed
- Prepare logistical support for new mailings, e-mail blasts, follow-up reports and other ad hoc reporting functions.
- Be responsible for the integration of data systems with regard to the Raiser’s Edge, Import-O-matic, Luminate Online and other software designed to support development, membership and other systems.
- Engage appropriately and respectfully with Boch Center staff and colleagues.
- Contribute to maintaining positive office morale, even in the face of high work volume and challenging periods.
- Assume other office-wide duties at the request of the Director of Development.
- Adhere to the mission, credo, and standards of behavior of the Boch Center.
This position requires a high level of professionalism, collegiality, self-motivation, organization, and familiarity with the goals and objectives of the Boch Center. In addition, the ideal candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Have excellent communication skills, including oral presentation and writing, and the ability to produce clear documentation.
- Be honest, trustworthy, and abide by strict confidentiality guidelines.
- Have an even disposition and be able to deal effectively and politely with people from all backgrounds and experiences in diverse situations.
- Have the ability to work collaboratively within the team and with other departments and colleagues.
- Have the ability to evaluate problems accurately and display good, sound, and confidential judgment.
- Be highly organized, detail oriented and efficient.
- Maintain a professional and considerate demeanor, and have a strong work ethic.
- Be entrepreneurial, collaborative, conscientious, and results-oriented.
- Have the ability to innovate, think and plan strategically, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and be committed to positive conflict resolution when challenging situations arise.
- Be able to listen carefully and communicate clearly with others.
- Be motivated to learn and display flexibility in a changing environment.
- High school diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Mastery of Raiser’s Edge is essential; knowledge of Luminate Online, ResearchPoint, and Import-O-Matic preferred.
How to Apply –
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Boch Center is one of the nation’s leading nonprofit performing arts institutions and a guardian of Boston’s historic Wang and Shubert Theatres. Through numerous education and community outreach initiatives, collaborations, and partnerships, the Boch Center strives to inspire and ignite greater appreciation for art, culture and creativity.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Coordinator helps to advance the work of the Boch Center by supporting and strengthening the overall functions of the marketing department, including advertising, public relations, social media, email communications, website management, content creation and management of other special projects. Ideal candidate has a marketing and communications background and is detail oriented, creative, a multi-tasker, a team player and a strong communicator. Graphic design, digital marketing and HTML knowledge preferred.
- Provide support for show marketing and advertising for all performances at the Wang and Shubert Theatres.
- Assist with campaign tracking and creation of recap reports.
- Provide support for show-related promotional initiatives and events, including identifying and reaching out to potential promotional partners and staffing off site events.
- Assist in show and institutional public relations efforts, including maintenance of media list.
- Provide marketing and communications support for ArtWeek and other institutional projects.
- Work with graphic designer in developing marketing materials.
- Assist in creation and execution of website and social media content.
- Track the marketing budget and manage department expenses.
- Serve as a marketing liaison to various internal departments.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of related experience.
- Strong written and organizational skills, including excellent attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion for a thriving arts and culture sector and an interest in the non-profit community.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is preferred.
- Experience creating and editing audio and video files for Web use is a plus.
- Experience running or assisting in paid social media campaigns is a plus.
- Photography and video experience is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Cover letter
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com as soon as possible. The Boch Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in its workforce.
No open positions
No open positions
No open positions
For more information, contact the specific department you are interested in for an internship description.
The Boch Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer